"DokTRIN" PhD Group
"On the Edges of Translation Studies" PhD Group
The members of our PhD group are focusing on subjects on the edges of translation studies: edges which serve to define our discipline, whilst at the same time highlighting our common ground or differences with other disciplines, or other areas of research in translation studies. By focusing on the interfaces with other disciplines in our research, or with applied areas of translation studies, we hope to bring new aspects into the debate on whether the scope of our discipline and the concept of translation should be widened or narrowed.
Within the framework of this group, our dissertations will fall under areas such as:
• Launching an in-depth theoretical debate on how the concept of translation fits in with related concepts;
• Researching the interface between theory and practice to investigate the relationship between translation studies and translation criticism with regard to the production and “consumption“ of translations;
• Looking at new ways of working together with other disciplines;
• Bringing marginalised languages and cultures to the forefront.
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Dilek Dizdar
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. Andreas F. Kelletat
- Univ. Prof. Dr. phil. Birgit Menzel